Tuesday, September 10, 2013

7

Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and Ginny Weasley

Contrary to popular belief, I do not ship Harry Potter and Hermione Granger (Harmony) just because of the movies aka Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson's chemistry. Nope. It's only a bonus; it won't be the main reason why I ship (always will) Harry/Hermione. Many people also said that Harmony shippers (or Harmonians) hate Ron and Ginny for no apparent reason, or just because they end up together with Harry and Hermione. Um...

Wut.

SIRIUSLY. It's like saying I hate Harry Potter just because there's no Logan Lerman in it. It means whenever I see Harry Potter, I'll say,"UGH. Why do we have to watch this movie? It sucks! I hate Harry Potter. Why? Because there's no my baby Logan in it!" Sounds silly right?

"Hate" is a strong word, I won't use that word if you ask me something about Ron and Ginny. However, if you insist, I'd choose Ginny because of what Rowling did to her character in "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" to "Deathly Hallows". It's a shame that Rowling wrote her as a fangirl (Philosopher's Stone until OotP), a girl who always saw Harry as "The Hero" and not himself, someone who didn't really understand/know Harry, and someone who became perfect in (almost, I think) everything in "Half-Blood Prince". Harry is the main character. That's why I think that if Rowling had always planned Harry to be with Ginny, she shouldn't write Ginny as a character who was basically only in the background or not important after "Chamber of Secrets". I think no one would complain if Ginny interacted with or had a role in Harry's adventures or life after CoS. Instead, Rowling chose Hermione, a girl who had always been with Harry when people around him weren't, no matter what happened.

As for Ron, I do not hate him, but I dislike him. Yep, I'm one of those people who think that there's a big difference between hating and disliking. Sure, Ron is a loyal and great friend, but I'm talking about Ron as a guy to be with Hermione. You really think that Ron and Hemione's bickering and fights are lovely? Their fights scream 'true love'? Fine, if that's what you think. In my opinion, their bickering is not romantic or lovely at all. Ron is immature, and it seems he still is in the last two books. Everytime Ron and Hermione bicker, Ron always wants to win. How many times has Ron made Hermione cry in the books? And how many times has Harry made Hermione cry? Oh please, do tell me. Sure, bickering couple can be cute sometimes. However, it's cute if the couple bicker over silly things, and then each of them will realize that it's stupid. Then, one or both of them will apologize to each other and they will be fine again. What about Ron and Hermione? I don't think that their fights are cute or lovely. And what about Hermione herself? She once tried to mention Ron's good traits/qualities, but she had a hard time in doing it. And Hermione's opinion about Harry? She praises Harry easily and oftenly, and vice versa.

If you think Harry/Ginny's undeveloped that does not make sense and Ron/Hermione's abusive (emotionally, verbally, even physically <HBP>) are romantic, lovely, and true love... fine. You accept everything Rowling said in her INTERVIEWS or wrote? Fine. Harmony shippers and I will always ship Harry/Hermione no matter what happened. You say that we ship Harmony just because of the movies? Nope, you're wrong. We have many proofs that Rowling herself wrote in the books (that I think she considered as something that made people didn't know about Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione). You throw the platonic quote and Rowling's INTERVIEWS at us? Well, we have loads of Harmony moments from THE BOOKS, not THE MOVIES. You say that we're delusional and crazy? Harmony shippers and I are proud to be delusional and crazy people.

Thank you for your attention~

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Hermione Potter said...

@Stefan Voiculescu-Holvad

and I am proud to be delusional.

"nothing can defeat Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione"? well apparently something just did. Rowling's statement about how Hhr should've ended up together, remember?

so yeah. I don't care if Hhr isn't canon book wise, but at least the author herself has admitted that Hhr should've happened. If I'm not mistaken, she even said that Romione wouldn't even work and even if they wanted to stay together, they had to go to marriage counseling or something. And she didn't even say anything about Harry/Ginny. Ha.

Emy said...

Well I agree, true to your word ...
I mean, the author also said it was supposed to happen
Congratulations Harry Potter and Hermione ...
Hohoho ...

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, every time I just google a H/Hr article for fun, I see a reaction of Stefan. That guy really has no life!

Miss Hermione Potter said...

@anonymous wow really? I don't know that lol
and we're supposed to be the crazy ones? xD

Unknown said...

Uh... JKR never actually said that H/Hr should be together. Try again.

Miss Hermione Potter said...

@Stefan This is what she said before the interview in February:
"“[Kloves] felt a certain pulll between them at that point. And I think he’s right. There are moments when [Harry and Hermione] touch, which are charged moments. One when she touches his hair as he sits on the hiltop reading about Dumbledore and Grindelwald, and [two] the moment when they walk out of the graveyard with their arms around eachother.
Now the fact is that Hermione shares moments with Harry that Ron will never be able to participate in. He walked out. She shared something very instense with Harry. So I think it could have gone that way." source: http://www.crushable.com/2008/11/04/entertainment/harry-and-hermione-could-have-been-a-couple/

This is what she said in the interview in February:
Rowling: "In some ways Hermione and Harry are a better fit, and I’ll tell you something very strange. When I wrote Hallows, I felt this quite strongly when I had Hermione and Harry together in the tent! I hadn’t told [Steven] Kloves that and when he wrote the script he felt exactly the same thing at exactly the same point.
And actually I liked that (dancing) scene in the film, because it was articulating something I hadn’t said but I had felt. I really liked it and I thought that it was right. I think you do feel the ghost of what could have been in that scene.
All this says something very powerful about the character of Hermione as well. Hermione was the one that stuck with Harry all the way through that last installment, that very last part of the adventure. It wasn’t Ron.....But Hermione’s always there for Harry. I remember you sent me a note after you read Hallows and before you starting shooting, and said something about that, because it was Hermione’s journey as much as Harry’s at the end.
Emma: I completely agree and the fact that they were true equals and the fact that she really said goodbye to her family makes it her sacrifice too.
Rowling: Yes, her sacrifice was massive, completely. A very calculated act of bravery. That is not an “in the moment” act of bravery where emotion carries you through, that is a deliberate choice." source: http://www.hypable.com/jk-rowling-ron-hermione-interview/

basically she said Harry and Hermione should've been together. And if you read the full interview, she said Ron and Hermione will work if they have a marriage counseling, that OBWHF was Rowling's wish fullfillment. Why would you be angry anyway? You still have the books. What Hhr shippers have is only Rowling's confirmation about Hhr. You guys have your books & movies, we have our own moments & February interview.

Post a Comment